Member Resource Hub
Resources for Members
The following resources are here to help you make the most of your membership with the Chamber. If you need any additional support, or have additional resources you'd like to see on this page, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chamber's website allows all members to have a directory listing on the site and we hope you take advantage of this listing opportunity.
Why is it important?
- The more robust our directory, the more useful to prospective clients. Add products, menus, brand names, etc.
- Adds citations/links to your website to improve your Google ranking.
- Personalize – people buy from people – your advantage – you are a local business.
Below are training videos to help you update your listing.
- Update Your Company Profile and Directory Listing
- Add Your Own Member Discount
- once you submit your discount, it will need to be approved before it appears on the external website so allow 24-48 hours for approval
If you need any help with your directory listing, please contact Patty Weston at email@example.com.
Click to view the guide:
Our audience and post engagement continues to grow – keep in mind that even if you don’t see “likes,” the admins are seeing hundreds of hits on your posts on each of these sites. These Love Larchmont posts are also a great way to build your own followings on Facebook and Instagram.
The functioning of each site is different. Keep in mind that:
- Facebook’s format allows for more ad copy (text)
- Instagram is more visual (photos/videos, and fewer words).
Below in a nutshell are the guidelines and suggestions:
- When you submit your post, an admin will approve it. Please allow 24 hours for admin review, so keep this in mind if your ad is time-sensitive. The limit is one ad per day. (Note that real estate listings are not allowed.)
- You can create a post specifically for Love Larchmont, or you can share a post from your own Facebook page. Tagging your business [#mycompany] encourages viewers to click on it, and see your business page.
- Our Insta stylist (Maddie Scarpa) creates one post and several stories each day, Monday-Friday.
- How this works is that one of your business’ Instagram posts or stories will be used, and restyled with some new text, info, or GIFs, etc. Each weekday has a theme, and each member business is assigned to one of those days. Check with Maddie if you are not sure which day pertains to your business.
- Your business will be featured -- on a rotating basis -- throughout the Chamber membership year, to be fair to all. At least one story for each business will be kept in the “Highlights” section, under the appropriate category. Below are the daily themes:
- Motivation Monday (fitness, wellness, psychology, children’s activities, charities, etc)
- Transformation Tuesday (home-related: art and photography, design, home furnishings,
construction, real estate, moving, etc)
- Wonderful Wednesday (“indulge, pamper”-- beauty, travel, pets, floral, collectibles, etc)
- Foodie Thursday (restaurants, food purveyors, chocolates and bakeries, wine/liquor)
- Fashion Friday (clothing for all ages, jewelry)
- Saturday and Sunday (special events, local lore, amateur photos of Larchmont, and other items to drive interest to the site)
Any questions or comments, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you'd like to access meeting minutes to previous member meetings, login to your account, and then click on the Resources link on the left hand side (see screenshot below).
Once on the resources page, you can filter by which type of resources you'd like to see, including meeting minutes and other materials.
We are fortunate to live in a community rich with resources to help our local business community thrive. We share the below resources with you in hopes that they may benefit your business.
- Catalyst - Westchester County Economic Development site offering resources to local businesses. Sign up to keep informed of the latest information, opportunities and programs to help your business.
- Visit Westchester NY - Tourism site for Westchester County. This site may provide opportunities to engage in county-wide tourism efforts and marketing opportunities.
- Westchester SCORE - SCORE is a national non-profit association that provides advisory and small business mentoring services for people looking to start or grow a small business. SCORE Westchester is not only a resource for Westchester business owners to gain knowledge; it is also a place where long-standing mentor relationships are born. SCORE offers many FREE trainings and workshops.
The pandemic has changed consumer behavior, and maintaining a strong online presence is critical to strengthening and growing your business.
To help you reach your online goals, SCORE has partnered with Grow with Google to launch a four-part, free digital readiness series designed to help you develop the skills to succeed online and grow your small business. You’ll get a digital readiness badge for each module you complete.
The Chamber Board is here to help you get the most out of your membership. For general questions, please contact email@example.com
For more specific questions, please contact any of the following volunteer board members and liaisons:
- Social media questions - Megan McCarthy
- Chamber directory page questions - Patty Weston
- Membership questions - Sanjiv Jaswal
- Billing questions - Edward Lieber
Click here for a full list of board members and liaisons.